Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SAVING MONEY-GYM MEMBERSHIPS

We had lots of snow in the rockies last night. I think we on the shoestring ranch had about 6 inches, but the drifts are in feet.
All of our animals fared well through the night, and today is a brilliant sunny day.
The sun is dancing off of the snow like a fairy ballet.
The only drawback(if you call it one) is the fact that the snow keeps drifting at our doors!
Mark shoveled the drifts away at 6 this morning, and I just shoveled again at 10 this morning. After freeing myself from the bonds of the snow at my back door, I set off for the chicken house. I had no intention of shoveling ALL THAT WAY ! ! It must be a good 100 feet from the door. Not to worry, I had my snow boots on.
Making your way through lots of drifts is quite a workout. Many years ago, when we lived near the city, I had a gym membership. Today as I brought my girls an offering of seed, peelings and the last of the cinnamon rolls I made 2 days ago, I realized that I get lots of exercise just by my lifestyle.
I got quite a workout this morning with the snow, but as I was clearing the stairs and part of the driveway, I reminded myself of the "workouts" I received this last summer as I put in this driveway ALL BY MYSELF. I installed a brick drive and patio ( about 600 feet ) and I insisted on doing it myself without help from Mark.....I now proudly show off the calouses on my hands.
I earned every single one...AND the brickwork looks great !
If you live in a city appartment, sadly, you cannot take advantage of these kinds of exercise, but I bet you can walk. I do that too. I started mentally counting all of the dollars I have not spent though these last many years, then I felt quite clever !

WATCH THE PENNIES AND THE DOLLARS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES

No comments: